I am an assistant professor at California State University San Bernardino in the department of mathematics. Formerly, I was a visiting assistant professor at the University of Arkansas and University of California Riverside. I earned my PhD from Purdue University under the guidance of Prof. Bernd Ulrich. My main interest is commutative algebra and algebraic geometry. In addition, I am a High-Performance Computing faculty fellow at CSUSB for 2021–2022.
- CV, updated Feb 2022.
- Office: JB 320
- Email: youngsu.kim a t csusb dot edu
- The information about your course is available in Canvas/Blackboard.
Publications/Work in progress
- With Thiago H. Freitas and Victor H. Jorge Perez, On the study of the top non-vanishing formal local cohomology module, in progress.
- With Lance. E. Miller and Wenbo Niu, Log canonical thresholds of generic links of determinantal varieties, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 149 (2021), 2777-2787, arxiv:1908.03892.
- With Andy Walker, A note on non-Noetherian Cohen-Macaulay rings, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 148 (2020), 1031-1042, arxiv:1812.05079.
- With Vivek Mukundan, Equations defining certain graphs, Michigan Mathematical Journal (2020), pp. 675-710, arxiv:1804.02015.
- With Louis J. Ratliff and David E. Rush, A note on Itoh (e)-Valuation Rings of and Ideal, J. Algebra (2018), pp. 47-70, arxiv:1607.05341.
- With Justin Chen, Graded-irreducible modules are irreducible, Communications in Algebra (2017), 1907–1913, arxiv:1508.7518.
- Quasi-Gorensteinness of extended Rees algebras, J. Commut. Algebra, 9 (2017), pp. 507–544, arxiv:1309.4019.
- With William Heinzer and Matthew Toeniskoetter, Blowing up finitely supported complete ideals in a regular local ring, J. Algebra, 458 (2016), pp. 364–386, arxiv:1602.03588.
- With Aline Hosry and Javid Validashti, On the equality of ordinary and symbolic powers of ideals, J. Commut. Algebra, 4 (2012), pp. 281–292, arxiv:1304.5833.